There was held a joint meeting of the RCU Council and Commission on Chemistry of RSPP at the conference hall of RSPP on September 30, 2014 on a topic headlined “Revitalization of the Russian Chemical Industry's efforts aiming to phase the chemicals imports out under an ongoing shift in the international market conditions”
A few representatives of Association “Ruschlor” have attended to the aforesaid meeting.
The following key presentations have been made at the meeting:
- Opening remarks, Mr. Viktor Ivanov, President of RCU
- “Import substitution in plastics reprocessing”, Mr. Vsevolod Abramov, Deputy Chairman of the Board of Non-Commercial Partnership "Association of Plastics Processors"
- “Substitution for the dual-use products imports”, Mr. Pavel Storozhenko, Doctor of Chemistry, corresponding member of the Academy of Sciences of the Russian Federation, First Deputy Director of Federal State Unitary Enterprise “State Scientific Centre of the Russian Federation "State Research Institute for Chemistry and Technology of Organoelement Compounds” (SSC RF CNIIChTEOS)
- “Problems faced in phasing the imports out for the Russian Paint, Colour and Varnish Industry”, Mr. Valery Abramov, Director General of LLC “Russian Coating Corp.”
- “Difficulties anticipated in substituting for the imported polymers”, Mr. Sergeij Shtepa, Director General of Closed JSC “METAKLEY”
- “Suggestions made by the Russia’s machine builders aimed to mitigate the Western sanctions’ impact”, Mr. Stanislav Krechetov, Director of Sales of OJSC "Uralkhimmash"
- “Import substitution in regard to the raw commodities used as a feedstock for the Paint, Colour, and Varnish Industry”, Mr. Michael Ivanitskij, Director General of LLC "Technical Carbon and Refractories"
There were heard the following statements under Division "Miscellaneous" of the agenda:
- Mr. Igor Tsyrin: putting the problem of creation of an Industry-wide Council for skills generation as based on the premises of RCU under discussion so that the Council’s composition formation principles should be also discussed
- Mr. Dmitrij Skobelev, Federal State Unitary Enterprise "All-Russian Research Centre for Standardization, Information, and Certification of the Raw Stock, Materials, and Substances”: “on the preliminary vision of the future development for the state regulation system that is to be governing the economic turnover of the chemical substances and products”
- Mr. Vladimir Rezanov, President of an Arbitration Tribunal: “Update on the proceedings of the RCU Arbitration Tribunal"
Based on the outcomes of the meeting the participants were given the following draft resolution for consideration:
of the joint meeting of the RCU Council and Commission on Chemistry of RSPP on a topic headlined “Revitalization of the Russian Chemical Industry's efforts aiming to phase the chemicals imports out under an ongoing shift in the international market conditions”
I. Having considered the import substitution problem for the Russian chemical industry complex the participants in the meeting have suggested:
1. the meeting should apply to State Commission attached to the President of the Russian Federation on the Fuel and Energy Complex Development Strategy and Ecological Safety Issues for introduction into the Task Force for the Import Substitution under the Oil and Gas Complex of the representatives of chemical industry.
2. the meeting should apply to Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation in the context of the functioning of the Expert Council on Development of the Chemical Industry for formation of a task force so that the task force should compose a list of those now being imported products, technologies, and equipment that would be replaced with the domestically produced ones primarily and in the first instance. There should be represented every single subindustry of the chemical industry in that task force.
3. there should be completed “National Development Strategy for the Russian Chemical Industry for the period from the year 2014 through 2030” with the top-priority goals in the import substitution in the chemical industry. In so doing there should be explicitly determined the timetable, measures of the State support for, and sources of financing the said import substitution.
II. The RCU Council does not object to formation of the aforementioned “Industry-wide Council for skills generation” The RCU Council hereby charges its Executive Board of Directors with the responsibility to develop the Charter of the Industry-wide Council for skills generation under the current Russian legislation.
All the relevant comments on this draft resolution will be accepted from the members of the RCU Council and Commission on Chemistry for consideration if received within a ten-day period starting from the date of the meeting.